And so our blog finally begins!
We are thrilled to share with you the details of our sustainable, hand crafted, small batch caviar. Join us as we illustrate our new signature bites, discuss featured pairings, and keep you up to date with all the exciting things going on here at Tsar Nicoulai. As most of you know, since its beginnings in San Francisco, Tsar Nicoulai has evolved to be a favorite among top local and national chefs, caviar connoisseurs, and food enthusiasts alike. We are so proud of our products, not only for their superior quality and flavor, but for the commitment that has been made to produce caviar in an ethical and sustainable way (free of GMOs, antibiotics, growth hormones and synthetic preservatives). Stay tuned for posts about our aquafarm and learn about the people and the practices that make Tsar Nicoulai stand out from the other brands. By starting this blog, we hope to bring a little more joie de vivre to your everyday in the form of caviar.
Our highly anticipated blog kick-off coincides with another highly anticipated kick-off– the one between the Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers that will begin Super Bowl 2016 on Sunday, February 7th, at Levi's Stadium in the San Francisco Bay Area. A game that is eagerly awaited by die-hard fans and disinterested significant others alike. We are especially excited about Super Bowl 50 because our Select caviar was chosen among the rest to be featured in the luxury suites at the game. The latest we heard, these suites were going for around $600,000. If you weren’t able to snag a ticket for one in time, don’t fret, you can recreate the experience at home.
Caviar and football parties may not be a common pairing, but it doesn’t mean it isn’t a good one. Forget the helmet-shaped watermelon fruit salad bowl you saw on Pinterest – we’ve topped a traditional deviled egg with our Select caviar to make this elegant hors d'oeuvre. A dish that is approachable, yet absolutely decadent, easy to make, and quick to impress.
We kept this dish clean and simple so as not to overshadow the beautiful flavor of the caviar.
Deviled Eggs Topped with Caviar (Serves 4-6)
2.5 -3 tablespoons crème fraîche
Salt to taste
Tsar Nicoulai Select caviar to taste (plus some more, why not?)
One 1oz jar of caviar should be enough for 8 egg halves
- My dad swears by his egg boiling method. You can find a million online, but this one works for me every time: Put eggs in a saucepan and fill with enough water to just cover the eggs. Set the heat on high, and put the timer on for 13 minutes.
- After 13 minutes, remove the eggs from heat and drain. Run under cold water for a few minutes to help with peeling.
- Peel the eggs then cut them in half and carefully scoop out the yolks into a bowl.
- Mash the yolks with a fork and then mix in crème fraîche and some salt to taste.
- Scoop the yolk mixture into a piping bag with round or star tip (a Ziploc bag will work too) and pipe back into the egg white halves.
- Top with a generous dollop of Select caviar.
- Serve on your finest football shaped platter. Kidding – any platter.
Don’t miss out on the luxury suite experience. To purchase our Select caviar for your football party, click here.
*Russian toast, “To Your Health!”